The Dragon's Head Blog: It’s unanimous !
Everyone agreed they will all recommend the Volunteer/Tai Chi Retreat weekend to people at their branches. More than 30 people enjoyed three days of tai chi and volunteering in the retreat held at the International Centre near Orangeville after Cross-Canada Seniors Day.
This is what they had to say:
- Nice balance of work and tai chi
- Find out what volunteer really means
- Learn about the culture of the FLK organisation
- No cost allows more people to come
- Learn that the International Centre is open to volunteers any time
- Flexibility of one, two, or three days
- Amazing food
- Allows new beginners to feel comfortable
- Learn to listen and follow directions
- Gives sense of community, connecting to a group
- Work is easier done in company
- Sense of accomplishment
- Connection to nature and our environment
- Appreciation of the beauty of the International Centre
The next Volunteer/Tai Chi Retreats are scheduled for September 10 and 11 (Saturday and Sunday) and November 27 till 29 (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday).
In November you could attend the Physiology and the Taoist Tai Chi® arts program on Saturday November 26, take part in the Volunteer/Tai Chi Retreat, and then enjoy the Holiday Season Banquet at the Dragon Boat Restaurant on Wednesday November 30.