The Dragon's Head Blog: Twenty Years of Improved Health in Cambridge
Eighty members and special guests met at the Phoenix Restaurant in Histon to celebrate 20 years of classes of Taoist Tai Chi® arts in Cambridge with a delicious Chinese meal.
We were honoured by the presence of Sarah Sayer of Cambridge Live, Eve Dziura of the Meadows Community Centre and Dr. Wei Sun of the Cambridge Chinese Community Centre.
A small group displayed the set during lunch whilst Harry Koh talked about the movements and their benefits. Liz Armstrong and Michael Meredith also shared their personal stories of how the Taoist Tai Chi® arts have helped them to improve their physical and mental health.
The meal ended with a big thank you to all the organisers, guests and the restaurant staff for the success of the event. Chocolates and fortune cookies provided a little something sweet and some amusing predictions for the future; a future that we feel confident will include at least another twenty years of Taoist Tai Chi in Cambridge.
Participants shared their experiences:
- I joined Tai Chi not knowing what to expect, but I found fitness, fun and friendship. Lovely meal too, with good company.
- A very enjoyable social event. Food excellent, service excellent and most enjoyable entertainments and company.
- A lovely meal, thank you to all those involved in making it special. Also thank you to all our instructors for giving so freely of their time.
- A lovely opportunity to socialise. I’m impressed by how much has been achieved in 20 years. Well done!
- I am very happy to be part of this wonderful health-enhancing Taoist Tai Chi Society.